Websites and expectations vary wildly so it's hard to indicate the cost of designing your site until I know what you’re hoping for. I’ll be happy to give you a quote.
My basic rate for all work is $48/hr, including GST.
Quotes for web design
After I get an idea of what you want I’ll quote you a maximum number of hours to complete the site with your initially requested features, including a couple of revisions to the appearance of the site if required. If I’m quicker than I expected I’ll just charge for the hours worked.
I can’t guarantee I’ll finish the site in the quoted time, but you will not be charged extra. However if during the design process you decide to add more features or change the content I’ll have to add to the cost.
Typical simple sites with an original design customised for your goals start at around $480 (10 hours work).
If you already have a logo and colour scheme, and are happy with a pre-designed template, I can get your site on the net quickly for even less.
It’s also worth considering some keyword research for most sites.
Owning a site also requires a couple of annual fees, I can organise these or you can, I charge:
- Hosting – $75au/year for a normal amount of space and bandwidth (large or very popular sites may cost more).
- Domain name – $20au/year for .coms and most top level domains, or $40au/2years for .com.au domains. (Prices for domains from other countries provided on request.)
- Site updates – any future content updates to your site.
- Keyword research – for better results in google.
- Newsletters – template design through to delivery.
- Re-writing – making your written material more scannable and web friendly.
- Graphic design – business cards, flyers, stationary, etc.
- Photography – products, locations, staff, anything.
All charged at basic rate of $48/hr. Minimum fee is $16. Photography charges will include travel time.next step