I live in Mona Vale on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
I studied science at uni and spent my twenties and half my thirties working for the EPA on NSW’s coastal lakes and estuaries. I've since left to work on Maxshmax and my nutrition and health business Get Zoned, amid fathering our newish little ninja munchkin Polly Jane.
I’ve enjoyed creating websites as a hobby since the web emerged in the early nineties.
I’m not an award winning artist or programming guru, but successful web design requires a combination of aesthetic and technical skills and I feel I have enough of both to produce effective and attractive sites.
I try to quote fairly for myself and my clients, and I believe my rates are very reasonable for this industry.
I'll tell you if I can't do it.
And I don't like disappointing people, especially if they're paying me, so we aren’t finished until you’re completely happy with your site.
And I love surfing.
Skills & knowledge
- Graphic web and print design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Fireworks
- Information architecture
- Writing copy suitable for the fast pace of the web
- Standards based HTML5 and CSS
- Wordpress theme development
- Search Engine Optimisation and Keyword Research
- Social media integration and social business page creation
- Newsletter design and delivery
- Photography using high quality DSLRs and lenses
- Image enhancement and retouching using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Video editing and conversion using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Database design
- Accessible design practices
Our home office
Our home and home office is 100% green powered.
Contact me and I’ll be happy to discuss your new site!